Sunday, January 4, 2015

Crawling and feet tickling

It's been too long! Gotta keep blogging.

Eleanor is about to turn 1 in a couple weeks, and today I saw her crawl for the first time. She's been army-crawling for three months or so, but tonight finally got up to her knees. Eleanor has an infectious smile, her face all scrunched up as she grins ear to ear and rapidly breaths through her nose.

Tonight I read her a few little books before bed, which is something I hadn't started doing yet. I totally regret not starting earlier, because she absolutely loved it. She kept pointing at all the pictures and doing baby talk. On nearly every page she would turn the book over to reinspect the cover, then turn it back to continue reading.

She still only has the two lower teeth, so she won't eat much of anything but pre-made baby food. For some reason she won't touch a mushed up banana or avocado, it sometimes even make her dry-heave. However, she does like eating baby crackers, so that's a good step.

Howie is such a boy now. We went and got haircuts together just before Christmas, and he just looks like such a big kid now. Of course, he's got a LOT more growing left to do, so he's still my little boy.

Howie communicates with us really well, and he is polite most of the time. Mommy has instilled good manners. He often says "no thank you", even if he's frustratedly asking the baby to stop bothering him. And when asking for something, say for example getting down from his chair, he often begins with "Daddy may I please get down please?"

Howie is a daddy's boy. A few days ago, I was sitting next to Howie at the table along with Katie, Cy and Julie. Howie leaned over and rested his head on my arm and said "I love my daddy." It almost made me cry it was so precious.

Howie makes Eleanor laugh really hard sometimes, especially when they're in the stroller together. He'll tickle her feet, and play peek-boo with her, and she belly laughs over and over. It's neat to see these two little creatures we brought into the world having their own interactions with each other. It makes me imagine all their years of sibling interaction ahead. Maybe one day they'll drive to highschool together. Then I'll tell them how he used to tickle her feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment